How to Use New Fonts with Brother Canvas Workspace and Scan N Cut
In this Scan N Cut tutorial, learn how easy it is to use new fonts in Canvas Workspace. Then, stick around for the glass subway tile signs tutorial using Oracal 651 vinyl.
SUPPLIES and MORE INFO and IMPORTANT LINKS
So Fontsy Commercial Free Scan N Cut FONTS USED in this Scan N Cut project can be found here 👉 https://sofontsy.com/products/may-2021-svg-and-fonts-bundle
👉 How to transfer designs to your ScanNCut machine: https://sofontsy.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-open-and-transfer-so-fontsy-designs-with-your-brother-scanncut
👉 How to use weeding boxes with your ScanNCut: https://sofontsy.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-use-weeding-boxes-for-vinyl-with-the-brother-scanncut
OTHER ScanNCut CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- 🤩Brother Canvas Workspace: https://canvasworkspace.brother.com/en
- 👉Brother ScanNCut DX125: https://www.swingdesign.com/collections/brother-scanncut-dx-with-wireless-connection-1
- 🤩Vinyl Auto Blade: https://www.swingdesign.com/products/brother-scanncut-dx-vinyl-auto-blade-kit
- 👉Burnishing Tool
- 👉4 x12 inch glass subway tile (found in hardware stores, like Home Depot)
- 🤩Oracal 651 vinyl: https://www.swingdesign.com/collections/oracal-651-glossy
- 👉Vinyl transfer tape
- 🤩Rubbing alcohol & paper towel (optional)
- 👉Blue Painter’s Tape (optional)
How to Use New Fonts in Canvas Workspace
First, start off my installing the desired fonts onto your computer. Check out this post for How to Download and Install Fonts from So Fontsy onto Your Computer.
Next, open Brother CanvasWorkspace. You have to use the free PC downloadable version of CanvasWorkspace to access fonts installed on your computer.
Select the Text Tool in the lefthand menu.
Then, select your desired font from the fonts listed in either the top quick access menu, or the side Properties panel.
Next, type your text. Then, you have many editing capabilities for manipulating the text like size, line and fill color, text style, and character spacing.
When working with script fonts...
...you will need to Weld the letters together so that your ScanNCut will cut them out as one connected word.
Once you're done editing the text, you are free to export it to your ScanNCut. Check out this blog post for more on how to transfer SVG files to your ScanNCut.
Have fun creating all sorts of crafty projects with your new So Fontsy fonts!