This digital download features a designer name sign for door or wall hanging. This is a SVG Laser Cut Files for laser machines, CNC routers and other craft machines. in DXF, AI, CDR and PDF formats too.
I have made instructional videos for how to link a name to these designs in a few different software, please go to my You Tube page:
For this design, use the videos on linking a name to a box inside a design.
And also have a step by step guide to linking name below in this description.
I have designed these files to cut at 25cm wide (10inches) and on 6mm MDF (particle board) but can be done on other materials and at other sizes.
This Digital Download is formatted with exterior cut lines in blue for easy use with your laser or solid image for crafting
Digital Download (1 Zip Folder)
This listing is for DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY; NO PHYSICAL ITEM will be mailed.
Instantly after your purchase, a download link will be available for you to download the zip folder containing your digital cut files. Once your file is downloaded, simply extract the files for use on whatever project you wish!
I have designed these name signs in Coreldraw and use lightburn to cut. I have not used all the software available so if these options do not work for you then please message me as I am always happy to help and improve my designs to work for all.
(Name needs to be linked to design before cutting on laser machine)
For glow forge users, if you have an issue uploading my SVG files, please contact me as I have had one customer that needed a lower file size SVG to work and I can do on request.
I am always here to help with any questions or issues or if you would like me to link a name for you so please feel free to message me.
How to link names:
1: upload name sign in SVG laser cut file format, then ungroup the design
2: write the name in text and resize to fit just over the text box lines. (the name must fit over the text box lines in order to weld letters to the text box)
3: then select the line around the text (hold down shift button) and select the name, then on the left hand side select the Boolean Subtract button. This will link the name to the design and you are ready to go. Make sure you select the line first before the name so it welds the correct areas.
In Adobe Illustrator:
1: import Ai file. Select the center design (the black lines) and click release button (on right side of screen)
2, write text and resize to fit over the text box lines. (text must be over the text box lines to be able to link)
3. Change text to outline by clicking create outline.
4. Select text and box around text and click on minus front box under pathfinder (the one next the unite) then should link and should be ready to go.
1: import SVG laser cut file image.
2: add text and resize to fit just over the text box lines (the text must overlap the lines)
3: select the name and the line or box around the name. then under path, click on difference and it will link the name to the design.
For xtool creative space:
1: import SVG laser cut file image
2: add text and resize to fit over text box area (make sure the name overlaps the lines you are connecting to.)
3: select text and the line around name and under combine tab select subtract. (Do not include the outside edge line in the selection.
The file should be linked and ready to cut.
For CRICUT design space:
1: Import the SVG single layer file or SVG Cricut file. And add to canvas.
2. add text and resize to fit over text box area (make sure the name overlaps the lines you are connecting to.)
3. Select text, hold down shift button and select design, then under combine click on weld and the name will link to the design.
For SILHOUETTE STUDIO:
1. Import the DXF file
2. Add text and resize to fit over text box area (make sure the name overlaps the lines you are connecting to.)
3. Select line around the name you are linking to hold down shift button and select name, then under objects, under modify click on subtract and the name will link to the design.
1. Import the DXF file
2. Add text using draw text within a vector and click on the box you are adding the name to, add the name and resize to fit over text box area (make sure the name overlaps the lines you are connecting to.)
3. With name highlighted, click on change to curve, the group the letters by right clicking on mouse and selecting group.
4. Select line around the name you are linking to hold down shift button and select name, then under edit objects, click on subtract and the name will link to the design.
QUESTIONS & CUSTOMER SUPPORT: If you have any questions please feel free to contact us
© 2022 AP Inspired Designs | All Rights Reserved.