There’s always a little story that goes along with the fonts I release, whether it’s design-based or in the name. Resfeber Script is no different. For years — as long as I can remember — wanderlust has tugged at my heart, that longing to see and experience. At the time Resfeber Script was lettered + programmed in Summer 2018, that pull was strong — probably because of an upcoming trip. Resfeber didn’t have a name yet, but as the font was nearing completion, it seemed to fit — closing in on about a month before we hop a flight, head to Europe, and I get to introduce myself to the places that so many of my ancestors lived, worked, and established themselves.
Resfeber Swedish; noun. 1. The restless race of the traveler’s heart before the journey begins.
Meet Resfeber Script — a casual, effortless handwritten font — emphasis on the handwritten.
- standard upper + lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation
- stylistic alternates for all lowercase letters so that the user can change up the look & feel of their project
- intentional irregularities, including a varied baseline and letters with varied thicknesses in up+down strokes — maybe a little irregular and funky like that excited heartbeat right before you’re about to leave on an epic journey
- .otf, .ttf, and webfont files
- Western European language support, and is PUA-encoded
Resfeber is the perfect fit for a modern, contemporary brand with its editorial feel. It would also be awesome for t-shirt designs, social media, quote graphics + other print materials.
Font files include .otf, .ttf, and webfonts. Some fonts include OpenType features, best accessed through programs that support OpenType features like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator — you can access them through the Glyphs panel! Ligatures, swashes, and other special characters may also be (tediously) accessed through a standard character map and copy/pasted. It is highly recommended that you understand what you are purchasing before you do so — the extra characters WILL take some hunting down if you don’t have easy-access software like Adobe products.