If you know my style, you know that I like to make fonts with some funky characters that you can mix and match with the regular letters. Sportsball is no different!
I created a semi-athletic-style slab serif font from scratch, using as few nodes/points as possible to ensure it would cut out smooth as butter for crafters. The uppercase set is straightforward, and can be used for a wide variety of projects. Then I made the lowercase set, where every letter is a bit different. Some are taller, some are wider, some have longer legs. Mix them in with the uppercase, and you can make a fun design with personality!
I wasn’t satisfied with just the slab serif, though. I decided to take that font and add spurs to the sides of the letters, giving everything a retro western flair. I also took the same letters and removed the serifs, adding a sans-serif to the family.
Then I figured, what the heck. I took all three styles and made hollow versions! The hollow styles can be used on their own, or they can be layered over the solid versions to make two-color outlined designs!
The Sportsball family includes:
- Sportsball Slab and Slab Hollow (OTF, TTF, and WOFF files)
- Sportsball Cowboy and Cowboy Hollow (OTF, TTF, and WOFF files)
- Sportsball Sans and Sans Hollow (OTF, TTF, and WOFF files)
- A ton of punctuation in each font
- Over 300 extended Latin characters in each font for language support, including ß, Æ, æ, Œ, œ, Å, å, and tons more!
- 24 uppercase Greek letters in each font file
- Everything is PUA-encoded, if that’s how you roll
- All alternates are mapped to the lowercase, for easy access in all programs