Introducing King Basil:421 glyphs, including A-Z, a-z, 0-9, tons of punctuation, 24 ligature sets, 163 accented characters, entry swash alternates for all uppercase and lowercase letters, exit swash alternates for all lowercase characters … this sucker has a ton of features!
All characters were hand-drawn on paper (with a Tombow brush pen), scanned and imported, and the vectors were cleaned up and smoothed.
King Basil Full Version includes:
- OTF and TTF file formats
- Uppercase characters A-Z
- Lowercase characters a-z
- Numbers 0-9; Full punctuation
- Entry swash alternates for uppercase A-Z and lowercase a-z (mapped to Swash option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Left” file)
- Exit swash alternates for lowercase a-z (mapped to Stylistic Alternates option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Right” file)
- 15 double-letter ligatures (mapped as ligatures, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Doubles” file)
- 163 accented characters
- All characters accessible through character map / PUA encoded
Note: This font is formerly known as Spiffy McGee.